Thursday, September 2, 2010

Living it up at the Hotel California

Ashley, my friend from college, flew on on Monday and left last night. She lives in San Francisco. It's nice to have friends who also live in California. She is the kind of friend where we can go for an extremely long period of time without seeing each other, but when we're together it's like I saw her yesterday. We had a mini vacation of drinking sparkling wine by the pool, watching movies, and catching up. It was fabulous.

In other news, I leave for France in 19 days! I keep going from excited to nervous and back again. I am so sick of goodbyes after leaving everyone in Michigan, and after long distance for four years I have had more than my share of them with Dave. I'm not looking forward to that one. But, if we didn't love each other, it wouldn't be so hard. Therein lies the rub. :-/

Now I'm just waiting for my visa and watching French movies while Dave's at work. I should probably start conjugating some verbs too. Oy. Ashley made a good point that in France I'll be working, and when I get back I'll probably be working, and that I need to just relax and enjoy this time as a vacation. I like the way that girl thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment