Thursday, October 14, 2010

I miss the internet

I am literally sitting on a window ledge on the street using the internet right now. It is absolutely inconceivable to me that it should be so hard to use the internet for free in this day and age. My God. I guess most people don't have to carry their computers down seven flights of stairs either, but come on.

I actually saw the strikers on Tuesday, they came right down my street. It was more like a parade. They played music and were dancing to it, there were big orangeballoons, and French people dressed up like the grim reaper version of Sarkozy. It actually felt pretty festive and with the orange balloons and grim reapers it was the closest thing I'll get to a Halloween parade.

I have been extremely frustrated and isolated for the last few days. Hanging out with friends and working helped, but I really really really miss home. I know it'll get better once I get internet but wow does it feel lonely when you live alone and can't contact home.

Today at school the stereotypical chubby obnoxiously smart kid with glasses said to me (in very good English) "Is it true that you're from LA? And that you were late this morning because of the strike and you live in Paris?" I laughed and said, "Where did you hear that from?" He told me one of his teachers told him that this morning...which makes me wonder who is going around telling kids this, since he was in English when this happened so it had to have been someone from another department. Looks like I set off the rumor mill already. I told him both of those things were true and he said, "What is it like to live in America? Does everyone really have a gun?"

I told him no, but that I do. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear your lonely..that makes me sad. Hopefully it will change soon. Just know we love you and your in our hearts everyday.
    antmary :)

    ReplyDelete